Winzavod Laboratory of Journalism announce an open call for young authors and invite them to take part in the project.
Applications for participation are accepted fr om March 2 to April 2, 2020.
We are waiting for applications fr om beginner authors who are passionate about current media formats, are interested in contemporary art and are motivated to act actively in the cultural space.
The Laboratory of Journalism was launched by the Foundation for Support of Contemporary Art of Winzavod in 2017 as part of the strategic direction "Education". Over the past two years, the project's graduates have taken part in the Institute's landmark projects, covered important cultural events across Russia, plunged into the process of contemporary art and acquired portfolios for their further successful careers.
The laboratory combines two formats - individual work with a media industry professional who corrects and develops the author's style and journalistic skills in personal communication with the laboratory assistant. In the second part, all project participants attend an intensive session, where they meet and communicate with leading experts from various fields of modern media space.
1. Citizenship of the Russian Federation and age not less than 19 years.
2. Incomplete or higher education at the specialty of humanitarian or related to media communications (pr and marketing)
3. Relevant experience in the chosen direction (internship, work, availability of publications on art, design, architecture and fashion).
4. English language
Conditions for participation:
1. Letter of motivation, not more than 1800 characters in total.
2. Video, lasting on average 1 minute, with a short story about why you want to become a member. Video can be shot on any video recording device, including a mobile phone.
3. CV with information about the applicant: age, education, contact details, work experience (if available).
4. Work portfolio: links to the applicant's articles and video.
Applications are accepted by mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The training is free of charge.