Having passed the first ten-year milestone, the leading creative clusters of Moscow decided to move to the next level of development. WINZAVOD and ARTPLAY start working together to create an Art Quarter in Moscow. The effectiveness of such projects has been proved by international experience. It is no coincidence that almost every major American city has its own Art district (Dallas art district, Kansas art district and many others). The presence of Art Kvartal is a competitive advantage of the city, an indicator of the quality of life.
The first step on the way to the creation of the Art Quarter is the development of a unique design code of space, in connection with which the Center of Art and Design of WINZAVOD and ARTPLAY announce a competition for its development.
The aim is to create a unique design code of the first ART Quartal in Russia to build a modern, creative space
- organization of efficient use of Art Quarterly space
- Create a comfortable, creative environment
- Optimal use of modern technologies
- development of unique objects of small architectural forms for Art Quarter
The subject of the competition are the solutions that allow to create a comfortable and creative environment in the Art Quarter space. These can be small architectural forms (MAF) or unusual techniques (floor navigation, bicycle paths or special charging zones)
Proposed nomenclature of MAF:
- Navigation (signs, pedestals, pointers, map racks, etc.)
- entrances to Art Quarter (main and secondary)
- vertical planting
- seats (benches, etc.)
- special lighting (architectural lighting, exposition lighting, etc.)
- art objects
- bicycle parking lots
- other elements of city furniture and/or facilities of the Participant's choice
If desired, the participants can offer solutions for Art Kvartal's identity.