1a space aims to provide young and novice curators and artists with a platform and resources for conceptual and experimental art projects. The New Talents in Contemporary Art initiative supports local and international artists with curatorial guidance, training and advice to help them implement your artistic ideas. To facilitate dialogue and exchange of ideas at the regional and international levels, the project is divided into two parts. The deadline for the first part: July 28, 2019!
Part 1: Open Call for Artists/Curators (Asia/Single Belt and One Way countries)
Exhibition: September-October 2019 (duration of the exhibition is not less than 6 weeks)
Application deadline: 28 July 2019 24:00 HKT
Announcement of results: early August 2019
By supporting curatorial research in tandem with exhibition planning, the program provides a platform and resources for an innovative and experimental project to a talented curator or artist or team of curators/artists.
The purpose of this curatorial residence is to promote art through international cooperation and to facilitate international curatorial research in Hong Kong. The selected curator/artist will be given a monetary reward.
1a space will provide financial assistance to purchase tickets (only for curators/artists outside of Hong Kong), accommodation (only for curators/artists outside of Hong Kong), exhibition space and production costs for artists/ curators who organize and present the exhibition in 1a space in September-October with at least one event for the public.
For curatorial projects, the inclusion of local artists is encouraged.
All applications will be considered final. Applicants will under no circumstances be allowed to complete or edit the application after it has been submitted. All incomplete or duplicated applications will be disqualified. All sent projects are guaranteed confidentiality.
Requirements for applications:
- Group and solo exhibition projects are accepted
- Curators/team of curators/artists from the Pan-Asian region and One Belt and One Way countries. To check which countries are part of the One Belt and One Way initiative, go to: https://urlzs.com/Tgjji
- A detailed description of the exhibition project is not more than 10 pages, which sets out the curatorial statement, prerequisites and plan of the exhibition
- Synopsis of the proposed project
- Expectations and purpose of participation in the project
- Preferred duration of stay in the residence, if accepted, it can be coordinated according to the schedule and availability of the gallery.
- Timetable for the exhibition to open in September-October 2019
- List of participating artists and brief biographies of each (maximum of 4 participating artists)
- Full budget plan including transportation and/or production, as well as artist's fees
- CV curator(s)/artist(s)
- Portfolio of previous projects
To apply, send all necessary documents (in English) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by regular mail to Unit 14, Cattle Depot Artist Village, 63 Ma Tau Kok Road, To Kwa Wan, Kowloon, Hong Kong
More information can be found at: http://www.oneaspace.org.hk
If you have any questions, please contact: email@example.com