Deadline: 11 August 2019, 18:00 (UTC +10)
ABOUT THE ZARYA ART RESIDENCE
The Art Residence at the Zarya Center for Contemporary Art in Vladivostok is a project to support contemporary art professionals, welcoming artists, curators and researchers regardless of their preferred genres, techniques, age, country of origin and residence. The residence gives them the opportunity to live and work in a new environment and conditions that are conducive to intensive work, which creates an opportunity for fruitful implementation of creative projects.
The main focus of the Residence is on the analysis of the local environment and its development. One of its tasks is to establish a dialogue with both a narrow professional community and a wide audience. The Zarya Art Residence is designed to become an effective point of interaction between representatives of different countries and cultures, as well as to contribute to the development of the local art scene in the Far East. Since the residence opened in December 2014, more than 80 artists from Russia and abroad have participated in it.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE
Artists working with painting, sculpture, graphics, photography and video, installation, performance, choreography, theatre, music and street art, as well as curators and researchers in the humanities over the age of 18. Individual or collective participation is possible (up to 4 people).
The duration of the residence is 1 or 2 months to choose from. The participant is granted:
- Accommodation in an equipped studio (2 double rooms, kitchen/living room, appliances) on the territory of Zarya Central Information Center
- a 33 m2 workshop on the territory of Zarya Central Information Center for joint use
- PR-support of the project under development
- assistance in coordinating the project under development (introduction to the context, organization of meetings, assistance in finding information and selection of literature)
The participant is expected:
- Implementation and presentation of the project at the time of the residence
- welcoming lecture
- holding an additional event in another format (master class, seminar, field lecture, open house, educational course, etc.)
- Provision of final works for the Zarya collection (the number of works and other details are discussed separately for each project)
Priority is given to projects that meet the following requirements
- Focus on the local context of the Far East region and, in particular, Vladivostok (site-specific)
- project conception
- Understanding of the project implementation process
The Zarya Art Residence operates on a competitive basis and reviews all applications submitted before 11 August 2019. (till 18:00 (Vladivostok time UTC+10)
- application (fill in the online form of the individual (https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScHfNwr1zrdQjLJq9WLxra-9WCE3qMUw_Ynr0bEgC9DQgzEOA/viewform_Ynr0bEgC9DQgzEOA/viewform) or collective (https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScv_6-f6GxBWOeVksN-ddfbz8e5ngtO_F3yTgEsg99_U4tGOw/viewform_6-f6GxBWOeVksN-ddfbz8e5ngtO_F3yTgEsg99_U4tGOw/viewform) application)
- Updated Portfolio (PDF file, maximum 25 MB) to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject matter of the Portfolio_Surname (important: the name in the subject matter of the letter must match the name indicated in the online application)
Documents are accepted in Russian or English. Incomplete or incorrect applications are not considered.
Q: How are the works left by the artist selected for the Zarya collection?
A: The selection is made by an expert committee. The Residence reserves the right to select specific final works for the collection.
Q: Can I come to the residence with my family?
A: Details are discussed on a case-by-case basis. If it is impossible for the artist and his family to stay together in the residence due to organizational reasons, we can give recommendations on the search for housing in Vladivostok.
Q: Does the exhibition have to follow the results of the residence?
A: The form of reporting on the results of the residence is not limited exclusively to the exhibition project. Its variants are discussed on site and may vary depending on the concept. *Other questions can be directed to email@example.com